distributed, "passive" dimming

skyye99

Anyone have any good solutions for non-board based dimming? Specifically, I want to be able to individually dim three instruments without wiring extra cables or sending power to a board. I've seen shows where the lighting designer used what was basically a wall dimmer attached to an outlet box- are those sold anywhere, or would I have to assemble my own? This is outdoor, so weather-resistant solutions are appreciated (but not necessary)

Thanks guys; you're a big help :)

Anyone have any good solutions for non-board based dimming? Specifically, I want to be able to individually dim three instruments without wiring extra cables or sending power to a board. I've seen shows where the lighting designer used what was basically a wall dimmer attached to an outlet box- are those sold anywhere, or would I have to assemble my own? This is outdoor, so weather-resistant solutions are appreciated (but not necessary)

Thanks guys; you're a big help :)

Not sure if they make them, but rated household dimmers are your choice. Check to see how much current they can take, make sure the lights will work. You will most likely need to assemble them and find the parts yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back