DMX 120v Relays

Robert F Jarvis

Asked before but lost notes. My Bad. Currently running several LED lamps which when deprived of DMX do their own thing! So I am plugging them into some older DMX Dimmer packs. They have 10 dip switches with no 10 saying: Dimmer/Switch.
But they are not actual relays and my LEDs when supposedly turned off still give an occasional flash. Some one told me a while back this was because these beasts 'leaked' current. So I am looking for some real relays. Looking at a picture of the ETC UFR2 which says on the front "Tungsten" load and something about ballasts! Bottom line, I want to plug my fixtures into a real relay to be able to deprive them of power without any leakage etc. What do you guys use on stage?

ETC Color Source Relay. Controls Relays DMX and Power can stack 10 or 15 fixtures on it... check it out on ETC connect. They come in Wired and Wireless versions. Once you turn off DMX to the system CS relay will kill all power like 5 minutes later.

Yep. Just now unpacked 3 of these guys. Very neat. Ordered brackets to attach to C clamps. Had heart attach when read I would need to RDM them to program a DMX address. Then found they are 512 by default - Phew! Never RDM'd anything in my life yet. This might be an excellent opportunity to learn same. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back