DMX Control Software

As long as it's not an Enttec Open, you can try Cue Player Lighting from my company. But you will also find this topic has been tossed around before and there are many options such as Dmxcontrol3, QLC+, Freestyler, etc. Actually, a good place to start is either the Enttec or DMX King web sites. They have lists of compatible software. Each have pluses and minuses that, depending on your needs, will make you prefer one over the other.

I'm personally not a big fan of Martin desks, but their PC based software is a good copy and has most of the same features that I'm not sure you'd find in most free software. Particularly, some people really like the animation engine. I know you can do up to 4 universes of Artnet/sACN with the free version, but I'm not exactly sure if the free version is what they mean when they say "Alternatively, a single universe can be controlled with M-PC when using an ENTTEC compatible USB-DMX interface."

Worst case, try it and it doesn't work: Martin M-PC

MagicQ is another fully working version that should work.
And depending if you are a student then the ECT Nomad Student edition is a good deal although limited to one universe.
Regards
Crisp image

I've been using QLC+ for several years now. I use with Enttec OpneDMX USB dongles, on Windows XP, Vista and 10.

My primary reason for using it is the ability to control Lights, Sound & Video, through a single interface. I have had some MAC snobs look down their nose at me, for not using QLab, but I didn't have to fork out the money for a MAC or the $900 for the version of QLab that will do Lights, Sound & Video.

It may not be able to do all the things QLab does, but I've yet to come up with an idea that I couldn't make work with QLC+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back