DMX controlled Light switch

That's the one I saw. Although not on Ebay,
I'm probably going to stay with a 3 way switch.
Thanks
@lilricky A pair of good quality 120 volt / 15 or 20 amp 3-ways wired with conduit, metal-clad or Romex, depending upon your venue's construction and code requirements sounds like a simple, electrician friendly and RELIABLE solution; a three-way dimmer in your booth wired to a 3-way switch accessable to "end users" could be another simple option, or later upgrade, depending upon your houselights; incandescents, yes, fluorescents MAYBE at greater cost.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Are they really? Good to know. I gather Insteon's wire protocol is more reliable, and more capable...
One data point: X10 is very unreliable in the presence of any noise on the power line and only works when the controller is sending signals on the same phase (residential applications) as the device being controlled -- unless a phase-bridging transformer is used, and even then sometimes it didn't work. Insteon is far better (and more $$).

I am with @BillConnerFASTC that unless we know more about the goal of the exercise (as well as whatever constraints might be present) then it is difficult to formulate anything but vague general solutions. Details matter.

Oh, sure, Ron, but if he has to run that conduit from one door of a chuch sanctuary back to the booth, it could be a $1-2000 job.
@Jay Ashworth If she / he's a truly great electrician, she / he will have a trained pet rodent adept at crawling through voids dragging poly twine securely tied to her / his / its tail. Trained rodents; the predecessors to go anywhere RC cars with headlights and wireless video cameras.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back