DMX error - please help!

This is probably something really dumb causing the issue, but could someone please help?
We had a rental in our theatre this morning and the LD/ME unplugged the DMX512 from our lightboard to use his board. After the show I plugged it back in and I now have no control. We're running an ETC Ion through a Net3 4-port gateway with 3 universes. The gateway is flashing indicating that it's not receiving signal. I reset the dimmer racks and they all read "No data from port A" or "No data from port B". I checked the connections and they are all completely seated and plugged correctly.
What is wrong here? I have a show in the early morning and I'm desperate. Could someone please let me know what I'm missing? Thank you!

Is the Net3 node showing a data signal from the Ion ?.

Maybe restart the Ion.

As well, what's the reason and location of the Net3 node and why is it being used to get the Ion DMX to the racks ?. If the dimmer racks are on a Net3 system, the Ion could plug to that network from it's Cat5 port on the console, thus eliminating the need for the Net3 node.

Is the Net3 node showing a data signal from the Ion ?.

Maybe restart the Ion.

As well, what's the reason and location of the Net3 node and why is it being used to get the Ion DMX to the racks ?. If the dimmer racks are on a Net3 system, the Ion could plug to that network from it's Cat5 port on the console, thus eliminating the need for the Net3 node.

The Net3 is blinking (1,2,3 and 4) to indicate that it's not receiving DMX signal. I've reset the dimmer racks, restarted the board (a couple of times) and reset the Net3 (a couple of times). I'm at a loss. To be truthful, I'm the new TD here and I don't really know why we're using the Net3. Embarrassing, but I'll admit when I don't know. Lol.

The easiest way for you to get this fixed is to call tech. support. It's free.

I would plan on being at the console when you call.

1 800 688 4116.

I would go with the obvious answer and say maybe it isnt plugged in to the right DMX out.

I'll go for the simple answer- Since the cable was pulled from one board, and then returned, any chance the the cable itself is bad?
I giver it a 2% chance, but it's a pretty easy one to check and a good place to start.

I'm confused. Is the node set to input from the board or output from the network? The ion only outputs two universes natively, so the node might be doing something else entirely... It's a good reason to require rentals to return things to exactly how they found it, or make sure you are the one making changes for them--who knows what the rental might have changed.

Just had an ETC tech out to fix the problem. He did the same thing I had already done (changed the order that we were plugged in to the ports - we use 3 universes) and it worked. Why it didn't work yesterday when I did it, I don't know. But since we were paying for an hour, I was able to ask him about some other things - like updating our dimmer racks - so that was good. Crisis adverted in time for our morning event today anyway.
Thank you all for your input. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back