DMX Festoon Lighting

Can anyone recommend a super heavy-duty DMX controlled LED festoon light? The boss wants a 100+ foot "Christmas Tree" for our building next December. I need something rugged enough that I'm not up on the roof fixing it every day. Be nice if it lasted several seasons, too...

TMB all the way on the lamps. Not cheap but they have geared up in less lead time and perhaps less espensive.

As for the stringers, Buhl discintuinued my favorite stringer lamp socket. The normal 24" on center 48' lamp socket stringer is ok but not really persay IP rated. Accessories might be available to help with this. American Lighting and Bulbrite amongst many make or more so sell the common SJT type stringer. There is another brand out there which escapes me for brand - perhaps star something, which makes a flat cable lamp socket stringer using SJE flat cable and better quality overall.

TMB for sure has the heavy duty version. They are a little cumbersome to address, but they hold up to a SlipKnot tour. Chauvet has a similar product in the DJ line that is a less heavy duty and cannot do very long spans without additional support(I think about 20'-25' but I'm not sure), but it is inexpensive, addresses from the controller like pixel tape, and is pretty inexpensive.

I used to do that multi-circuit stringer a lot. Even loomed two and three circuit stringers with fiberglass sleeving and lots of adhesive lined heat shrink to finish off the ends and cable ties between them. As neat as I could fabricate - #12 MTW wire at least in wire type. That plus loomed to the wire rope support cable. Man/Hours wise, it took a lot less time to just do a 16/2 SF-2 stringer cable tied to a pre-made 1/4" GAC wire support. I used to do it to just 1/8" GAC which could at say 50' and dynamically run and stretched horizonally could be a questionable support wire source if snagged.

Difference is no matter how many circuits I ran on a stringer which don't look "Pro" after its first use, it still can only chase. New concept in individual node of RGB+W lamps installed into a simple stringer. Too bad Buhl discontinued the stringer sockets which I wanted specific to the SF-2 in already buying it. They were weather resistant and better quality overall.

Avoid electrical tape to do any part of a stringer - unless in air conditioned use. Heat makes the glue on the tape just bleed in a hands black type of way following the show in coiling the stringer up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back