DMX Fixture Libraries

mattyb240

Hi all,

I am new here and stumbled across this place after a long google, I have floated around other technical forums but I think this one would suit my needs better!

I am a University student not far off graduating. I will be doing an event shortly using a Strand 520i. While I am familiar with using this desk for conventionals, I am not familiar using it with moving lights. As such our desk does not have up to date fixture libraries.

I have heard and read it is possible to create DMX fixture libraries using basic notepad files? How do I go about this? Is there a step by step guide? What is the upload process onto the desk? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just wondered if anybody new of a cost effective DMX tester that an a programmer can chuck in his tool box. I don't mind home made DIY jobs, I just want something simple and effective.

Thanks very much everyone,

Matt

Wow that is an amazing resource, and that website is full of useful information, time to sit down and start siving through it all!

Thank you:)

...I just wondered if anybody new of a cost effective DMX tester that an a programmer can chuck in his tool box. I don't mind home made DIY jobs, I just want something simple and effective. ...
From the CB Collaborative Article http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/...1-diy-dmx-demux-protocol-converters-etc.html: "A simple to build DMX tester, almost as good as the ones DFD charges $25 for: Make a DMX tester.."
proxy.php

Thanks very much for the link I have just signed up!

I was able to create all of the necessary libraries I needed for the show amazingly first time! It all worked well. So thanks very much to everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back