DMX King Interface

macsound

Wondering if anyone has used this interface, either RJ45 or terminals? eDMX4 Pro Din
proxy.php
Screen Shot 2020-07-20 at 11.58.59 AM.png

In a setup where there's a bunch of Cat5 already, I was debating on adding a network switch and additional nodes, an opto splitter and running DMX over the cat5 or using one or more of these. At $129, this seems like the easy way to go
What's annoying is I can't see any photos or info in the documentation that tells me the RJ45 pin pattern, so I can't wire the other end of the cat5 while waiting for these to ship, which then makes me want to buy the terminal version, but seems like then I'd need to devise some sort of strain relief for the wires inside a J box.
Thoughts?

We have one of these in our ballroom. We have led strips in the ceiling trays that are connected to it. Use a Pi with a controller interface to turn them on/off and set colors. Works great!

Wired it up last night. Worked great!
I love how the DMX king software works and additional features show up depending on what node is attached. I wish there were screenshots of that online.
Very happy that I was able to buy a $129 node and get 4 outputs. Way cheaper and easier than an opto. Of course I know these outputs aren't isolated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back