DMX LED Rope Light help

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Ok Control Booth I need your help [/FONT]

So I'm putting up a show in the next couple of weeks were I need [FONT=arial, sans-serif]2 lines of 30 feet RGB strip/rope light to cover the out side and inside edge of a pacarell . Both lines needs to be dmx controlled by our Ion board, The lines of leds need to coverage into one signal of dmx so the it can be controlled as one unit. I understand that each segment of lights will need its own dmx control system and power source. Preferably I would not like to to this and would like to have one power source and dmx control

I'm pretty inexperienced with led technology so any other way you guys could think off would really help me out. The designer is just looking for the [/FONT]aesthetic [FONT=arial, sans-serif]of color changing LEDs on stage and they all need to be controlled as one unite. I would like to spend around 300$ for this project but can go as high as 600$.

this is the type of thing we are looking to use but again any other color changing led system would do
[/FONT]5050SMD Color Changing RGB Super Bright LED Strip Light 16 Ft Reel 300 LEDs Reel Only
proxy.php

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

To start, I would highly recommend Ebay to purchase these kinds of things. Those strips can be had under $20.
Second, if you truly only need both strips to operate in unison, then you should just wire both in parallel to one of these : http://bit.ly/13HkgM5
All you need is an adapter to go from normal 5 pin DMX to the RJ45 connectors on the controller, and a 12 volt power supply, also available on eBay. Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back