Control/Dimming DMX Lighting software for Mac

This looks very good! Please let us know once when the DMX USB Pro is supported so I can test it out. I will also be getting my BCF2000 interface this weekend, so I can't wait to use them together.

One bug I have found: It appears that if you have any faders up above 0%, pressing any of the bump buttons sends those channels up (in the dmx and % values(unsure if it does this live as well)), and those values stick. For example, a channel set at 50%, when a bump button is hit, the level now says it is at 150% (although the fader itself is still at 50). It seems that it is sending all levels up 3 times (ie 10 goes to 30, 20 to 60, etc). These levels reset once any fader is moved.

Also, is it possible to make the blackout button a sticky button instead of a bump button. All the consoles I've used have had it like this, so you can hit the blackout button, and everything is stuck in blackout, which also allows you to reposition faders if needed. Hitting the blackout button again would disable it.

Can't wait for the pro version. Will definitely be purchasing.

EDIT: Another thing I have found (I love playing around with new software): After closing it and reopening, the master fader is down (which is very useful and smart :) ), however, when you bring it to full, levels don't show for any of the channels that are already up (either on the fader or in the dmx box). Moving the fader seems to restore this. Unsure if this is on purpose to prevent multiple channels being turned on at once, or a bug. Either way, I thought I would let you know.

Last edited:
Hello Joey,

Thanks for the compliment!
About the bug, that's indeed very strange, l will look into the dmx calculation.
I will try to figure out how to make the BO button sticky, I realized that already, but I just wanted to get a new version out. Once you have your Behringer control, it isnt a problem anymore, since you can set the buttons to toggle state.
I will also look into the channel state on startup.
The master fader is down on purpose, since I don't want to blow up your fuses, becauses you exited the application with full on.

Hi Johan

Glad you got it in the App Store! Will definitely increase your customer base!

Completely understand about the Master Fader. Good idea too!

One more thing I noticed: when you open the application for the first time (ie, new version or reinstall), you are able to bring up channels and see levels with the master up, but the channel master still down. (Thought I noticed this before, but when I reopened the app it no longer did this. But opening up it up new again (from Mac App Store), I see this is the case again). Clicking on or moving the channel master seems to fix this. Not a huge concern, but something you may want to be aware of.

Can't wait to test this with my Behringer!

Thanks Joey,

I fixed the problem with first start and the channel master fader position. (I want it to be up, so the graphics were just not corresponding with the actual setting) But since this is not big problem, I decided to not do a rebuild for that.
Probably there will be another update soon;)
The updates on my site are probably a lot faster than the appstore updates. On the site is a 1.0.6 version, which addresses the problem of bigger than 100% output.

Just downloaded the update (1.0.6). It all seems to be working well. Great job!

I actually have both the App store and direct download versions right now. But seems like direct from your site will be the one that I will be using for a while.

I have noticed another thing (apologizes, but i seem to have an eye to find things like this). It seems like the presets are not saving upon quitting for me. I am able to save channels to a preset, but once I reopen the app, those channels are no longer saved. Unsure if they are suppose to save or not.

Also, I see that the bump buttons are not making channels over 100% anymore, but they do seem to still be sending channels higher than the fader is set to(but not higher than 100%). Pressing any bump button (or Blackout Button) seem to cause this, and moving any fader seems to get rid of this. Unsure if it is a just a graphics problem or not.

Other than that, it is looking really good!!

This seemed to fix the preset problem. I can now save and reload presets. Problem still exists with channel levels increasing above the fader after a bump/blackout button is pressed.

Perhaps you should create a new thread that we can use for your app, as we seem to have taken over this one. :p

Umm.. yeah.
Let the developer create the group, if he wants to.

If he wants to, we can transfer the group. If not, I'll just delete it, and we can continue in the thread.

Hello Chausman,

I joined the group, I think it's a good idea to discuss bug issues there. I'd like to own the group though, so if you can transfer it for me. I'm no vBulletin forum pro, I just know how to reply to things;)

Is there a way to clean this thread up, so that all the debugging stuff is deleted or moved to the group?

Last edited:
I joined the group, I think it's a good idea to discuss bug issues there. I'd like to own the group though, so if you can transfer it for me. I'm no vBulletin forum pro, I just know how to reply to things;)

You should have gotten a Private Message asking about you taking over the group.

Is this software still being worked on? How do I configure it to work with my Enttec Ethernet adapter, if it works with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back