Automated Fixtures dmx profile writing software: Hog 2, Wholehog II Library Generator

benchman

hey dudes... I'll be frank... I'm old and grumpy and just want the short answers. I'm the owner of benchmark productions in Winnipeg an we're doing a rather large installation for a new venue. i stupidly agreed to program the dam stuff. i can set up a show and get it all functioning with a blind fold but when it comes to programming(SEE OPENING STATEMENT) i don't want to learn how to run a dmx show from a pc i want to know if there is a simple dmx profile maker just for the purpose of loading into light boards...specifically the hog boards and the elation show designer 2&3? i don't have a problem entering the fixtures and modifying the profiles so they work but i would like to make profiles that actually put names to the actions rather than just indiscriminate numbers. i read that such a beast exist on this forum... which is why I'm hear....

thanks

dave

Elation has a profile maker for their consoles which is downloadable off their website, it should do what you need.

Hog should have any profile you need, but if they are missing one you need to request it from them.

... Hog should have any profile you need, but if they are missing one you need to request it from them.

... specifically the hog boards ...

Hog II or Hog III? From Flying Pig Systems - Wholehog 2 Downloads :
Library Generator
Denis Hessberger created a Wholehog 2 Library Generator Application to assist when you wish to build your own library files. His website has downloads, instructions and a forum.
Link to Wholehog II Library Generator. Denis' website seems to be undergoing revision, but at least the Library Generator is still there.

can somebody help me to understand the library generator ? in what program need to write that lib file. I read a user but still nothing.
Or can somebody write for me a profile for chiness head "skylite maxx 2000"
Tnx

Hog II or Hog III? From Flying Pig Systems - Wholehog 2 Downloads :
Link to Wholehog II Library Generator. Denis' website seems to be undergoing revision, but at least the Library Generator is still there.

This link is a dead link.. Ive been looking for instructions on writing a fixture profile for a wholehog 2 for awhile now, and I keep finding references to this guy's site/program deal. Apparently his site is dead, and the URL to download his program is dead too. Can anyone point me towards a working copy of this program? Or, barring that, help me out? I have the comprehensive DMX breakdown, by channel and then by individual values within the channel, for the fixture that I want to control.. I just don't know how to go about getting started.

Attached here... hopefully someone can find some use for this and it can live on. CB ain't going away any time soon... it should at least outlast the last working Hog 2.

Attachments

• libgenver069 installer.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 857
Attached here... hopefully someone can find some use for this and it can live on. CB ain't going away any time soon... it should at least outlast the last working Hog 2.
Hi Guys. So it appears I am left with no choice but to write these last handful of profiles myself (well. teach myself to do so; I have all day today lol) Quick question. Using Hessbergers software above..if your product is not listed in the dropbox of "GET MANUFACTURER and PRODUCT ID" , it is correct to assume you would chooose " next free" correct? I'm not knowledgeable to know in what this means to the board or if it has any real effect on the profile communication to the board itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back