Control/Dimming DMX Terminator Purchase

Hello. Can someone suggest a source for reliable DMX-512 Terminators? I’m like to add 20-25 XLR5 terminators to my personal kit. I’m based in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Thank you.

Hello. Can someone suggest a source for reliable DMX-512 Terminators? I’m like to add 20-25 XLR5 terminators to my personal kit. I’m based in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Thank you.
@MikeDonovan 120 Ohm 1/8th Watt resistors are approximately one dollar per 100, add your favorite XLR 5. two touches of solder, and be happy.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard

Reactions: Van
More important question... that's feels like a lot of terminators... aside from starting skynet.... whatchya doin? or how many non self terminating fixtures are you using?

If only we knew of someone who might be responsible for that...

Sorry Dave. I typed into the search "DMX Terminator". Came back with 6 or more pages of DMX items, so I sorted with cheapest first (I assumed a 5 pin terminator would be less then a Swisson product), doesnt show any terminators. I think a phone call would yield a product.

I've yet to measure DMX current over about 150 mA. Most of the commercial terminators use either 1/8 or 1/4 Watt resistors.

In making your own (recommended), consider re-usability or purpose of it. Otherwise at some point someone will just remove it and throw it away or return it at best "as just a connector". 25 is a lot in question of need = why?

Mark terminators say P-Touch label, heat shrink over the body junction of the plug... even in the past done tie line with a loop for attachment thru the cord grip so as to mount to something. Concept was and is.... this is not just an XLR plug plugged in for some un-known reason.
In show support, amazing still how many times a terminator... "No that's stupid" and "Can't be that"... will solve the problem and should be at very least in stock for trouble shooting.

Hey @ship, what size resistor does your company use when making its own terminators?

Full Compass has TMB brand, the website does not show a price. I know I got a bunch from Production Advantage, but cannot find on their website.
We have some 5 pin terminators from LEX, and we have a stocking order for 3 and 5-pin terms with TMB that we are waiting on. I'll get the LEX ones online today as a stop-gap until our TMB ones arrive.

Seriously, only ever used 1/8 in any I've built. The Ansi Standard is current dissapation of 2 watts Fleenor uses 2 w at 2v.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back