Do you allow inexperienced light techs to use your equipment

Having worked in educational theater at both the high school and college level I have no problem turning students loose on a console with rules in place. First of all he younger ones take to technology rather quickly and as soon as they realize it's simply a computer they are off and running. The question I have for you is what type of console do you have? Is it something that has faders that you can program for them to create several useful looks? Can you set up a macro that restores the console to a certain state so if they change things you can quickly get back to work? Is it an Obsession so you can torture them? Seriously, make it easy for them to do what they need to do, make a backup on a drive and keep it on your keychain and put a big "NO DRINKS" sign up.
... and a NO SALTY SNACKS SIGN aswell. Salt is the scurge of Tech stuff :¬)

There is one I used during high school before the cordless drill, but don't have yet. Have not used one since at least 1982'... Next X-Mass present for my Wife/Daughter to get me as with bit and brace since they have given up on lighting stuff for me. Did get a crank style "hand drill" and acquire a "Jorgensen" hand screw (had to check Backstage Handbook for that term.)
Amazing what might seem like just yesterday we were using such tools... yet they seem like anchient technology. My c.1930's or before, monkey wrenches I still use and have been constantly useful as with my 1902 series of pipe dies.

There "...and NO SALTY SNACKS SIGN" as well. Salt is the scurage of Tech Stuff:)
Never heard of that sign before. Great concept which is user appropriate above covid signs of wash hands. I can see that, but never seen otherwise observing clean hand verses dirty snacking hand between snacking and cleaning it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back