Do you own your own COM headset?

at one point i realized i was about to be in headset for six months straight and i bought a sennheiser hmd-46. too expensive for certain, but it’s by far the most comfortable and best sounding headset i have ever encountered. it’s lasted me eight years so far.

I probably spend close to 2,400 hours a year on headset, if not more. I own 3 different ones:
  1. Ultimate Ears Comm (by In-House Sound)
  2. Sennheiser 26-II
  3. Telex PH88
They all have different purposes and goals. I wouldn't wear a PH88 for a musical, and I wouldn't wear the UE Comm when dealing with an analog comm system.

aaah, yes, that can really be a problem. clear com 700 series and newer can be configured to handle electrets, but it's still not always perfect. thanks for the update.

I've been using a CC26 4 pin for the past 15 years or so. Should upgrade to the leatherette earcup.
I have ventured into the wireless headset realm. I have a JK Audio Blueset on my com pack and have gone with a bone conduction headset Shokz Opencomm. I find it works really well, keeps my ears open if I need to hear the mix or if someone comes and talks to me or if I need to jump on the fly rail quick (tangle-free). I use it both on a wired CC pack and a wireless Telex BTR300 pack, so then I'm truly wireless. Although that system is aging rapidly... hoping to put in for a free speak system upgrade soon.
By chance were you ever able to do anything about the delay in sidetone that seems to be present? I have the exact same setup but the delay in sidetone is really messing with me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back