Does Anyone Have Experience With Comtek?

Eboy87

More specifically, the MR 182 base station? Comtek doesn't have any documentation on their website, and a search turns up nothing useful. I'm looking for manuals and such. I got a call the other day about one of our six units acting up and sending a local radio station down the cable to the board. The radio lights up the VU meter on the unit itself. Tracked it down to our sixth unit, frequency is 185.425 MHz IIRC. Nothing on Shure's tracker showed up around there.

Could this be a symptom of a ground coming loose inside the unit itself? I was hoping Andy would chime in here. Just looking for more trouble shooting ideas. The reciever worked fine, then had this issue for maybe two hours, before going back to normal. It's pretty old ('95 i believe), and I'm worried about it taking a dive again. Anyone have any ideas on what I should look for in troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.

I also posted this over on the LAB, but wanted to get ideas from here too.

An update, and a bump.

The receiver doesn't pick up the radio anymore. It quit doing that after one show. I was in there the other day to do some regular maintainence, and nothing I tried would get it to repeat the symptoms (don't you love troubleshooting intermittent problems?). I'm chalking it up to a fluke of nature, but it does have me concerned that this could rear its ugly head again.

Also, any ideas on what would make a Shure KSM109 die? These are brand new, just bought at the beginning of summer. We used them on one show so far, and in the middle of the first public performance, the mic stops outputting audio, and just puts white noise down the line. Switched it out for a different, test again after show, mic works. I thought maybe someone got a bit too much spit in the element. But now it's making nothing but fuzz again. Any thoughts here? Oh, and I can't get it open to check out and see if any little bits look like they might have been fried. I do plan on calling Shure tomorrow. Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back