Does This Work

Amiers

Renting to Corporate One Fixture at a Time.
This has flooded my FB news feed all morning. I will most likely make it this afternoon after work and see if it works but til then, what says the masses.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm sure it will work, but be fairly dim

It most likely will be dim. Setting your Phone to max brightness will hopefully help a little bit.

What about different "Lens" sizes? There are some pretty big magnifying glasses at Walmart. I wonder if bigger = better in this case.

The larger lens would likely provide more light output from the box, as the iPhone would be placed somewhat close to the lens.

I dunno- try it and tell us how well it works!!!!

I'm going to buy a couple different one and maybe go with a few different setups.

Well Walmart was a bust on lens. They just didnt cut the mustard. Also the brightness was a factor as figured. Needless to say it was more of a mess than I was figuring. Super glue everywhere...

Reminds me of a similar cardboard effort they had that mounted to the front of my 12" Sony color TV. Had a first surface mirror, you mounted the TV upside down and it held a plastic fresnel lens. Early 70's, I think.

Even earlier there was IIRC a water filled plano-convex lens which fit over the very rounded TV tube. At about the same time there were other screen additions available, one was a "colorizer" which converted any black and white TV to color, sorta-kinda. It was a transparent sheet which was light blue for the top third, clear for the middle and grass green for the bottom third. It worked best when watching westerns.;)
There was also the clear plastic sheet which came with erasable markers which was sold as a draw along kit for the John Nagy program.

I do have some S4s im not using ATM maybe I will try that.

Well a s4 50 works very well. I gotta run the barrel all the way out from the gobo holder position. Focusing is very touchy. But still not as fun know that you can't do somehting like this for a few bucks and a trip to Walmart.

Last year you could do a Pizza and a Movie with this same idea.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back