Outboard Gear (Don't Buy) Liquid Mix is not compatible with Pro Tools 8

kmkonline

Dear All,

Recently I bought the LiquidMix to use with my Pro Tools rig, I found that the Liquid Mix driver is too old to work correctly with my Pro Tools 8.

I found that the driver version of the Focusrite Homepage is very old. I am very depress that Focusrite doesn't update their driver instantly.

I am not suggesting anyone here to buy the LiquidMix unless you use DAW other than Pro Tools. Well, may be next time your DAW upgrade, they still using a driver from decade ago... What will happen..

I really hope that Focusrite would update their driver like other responsible company.

Best Wishes,
KMK

I just tested, it also have problem with my Logic Pro 8. I don't know why, it used up around 20% of my resources. Everytime I open the plug in and try to alter the setting, it will quit either Logic or Pro Tools.

I tried to contact Focusrite support, but until now 5 days. I still haven't receive any solid reply to help me solve this problem. I owned Liquid and Saffire, I do not see any problem. But this time I was really disappointed.

My computer is Mac Book Pro 2.33, 4GB Ram, 320GB 7200rpm harddisk..

Sorry it is not working for you, I know how it is to get gear not work with newer software.

However, it says on the site it is compatible with ProTools 7, not 8. This happens pretty regarly with vertical software and vertical hardware. Odds are they no longer have the team that designed the gear and have let the hardware out to pasture. WYSIWYG (in the lighting world) took 3 years to run on Vista, and thats a software package that costs thousands of dollars. My version of AutoCAD won't run on my desktop without emulation. Their answer if I want to fix it is to buy the new version. Send it back if you can, but don't smear the product because you want an upgrade that they probably will never provide. Use it as it was advertised for. I know it sucks, but we are in a market where the margins are slim. If they are lucky, the might be able to sell 5,000 of these things, that leaves very little profit after R&D. In this market we pay for the R&D and not the product itself unlike the rest of the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back