The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Dove SceneMaster`

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by EHubbard92, Oct 25, 2008.

1. EHubbard92

EHubbard92 Member

I found one randomly laying at the bottom of the stairs today and I was just wondering why you would use it. What's it for/do?

2. icewolf08

icewolf08 CBMod CB Mods

Controls Technician - TAIT Towers
    Is it one of these: Dove Systems ? If it is, then it could be useful for controlling a few lights for small gigs outside of the main theatre. It is an all in one dimmer and controller for controlling a small number of lights.

3. ruinexplorer

ruinexplorer Minion CB Mods Premium Member Fight Leukemia

Projectionist
    I would think that a DJ would find it very useful since all of their lights are usually right next to them. It allowed someone who was doing something very small to be able to have dimming and control together (think GP lighting in a gymnatorium or the like). Are you going to get fancy, probably not. Then again, it's a whole lot better than just hot patching all your lights.

4. waynehoskins

waynehoskins Active Member

In college we had a couple of little all-in-one Dove boards. We used them a couple of times for lighting directing scenes (with minimal lights) so we didn't have to move a real board down onto the deck and so on. Very useful for little things where you only need a few channels of control and (if it's all-in-one) dimming.