Dove SceneMaster`

I found one randomly laying at the bottom of the stairs today and I was just wondering why you would use it. What's it for/do?

Is it one of these: Dove Systems ? If it is, then it could be useful for controlling a few lights for small gigs outside of the main theatre. It is an all in one dimmer and controller for controlling a small number of lights.

I would think that a DJ would find it very useful since all of their lights are usually right next to them. It allowed someone who was doing something very small to be able to have dimming and control together (think GP lighting in a gymnatorium or the like). Are you going to get fancy, probably not. Then again, it's a whole lot better than just hot patching all your lights.

In college we had a couple of little all-in-one Dove boards. We used them a couple of times for lighting directing scenes (with minimal lights) so we didn't have to move a real board down onto the deck and so on. Very useful for little things where you only need a few channels of control and (if it's all-in-one) dimming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back