Dracula Rises Out of Coffin

SpaZuM

Hello all - I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has any suggestions on how to have DRACULA rise out of his coffin effortlessly. Obviously, we thought of some kind of spring contraption that actually lifts him up, but I was wondering if anyone had any websites with a design on this or any kind of schematics that could be shared. I look forward to hearing from anyone that is knowledgeable.

I can think of several ways in which you could accomplish this rather easy trick. Mechanical, with motors, simple cams. Pnuematic, with actuators, and control valves or even a remote manually operated pull cable. I used to have a book that described a lot projects for halloween decorating an it had several diagrams and examples. I can't for the life of me remember the title, I'll wrack my brains and see if I cant find find it tomorrow.

Thanks, I appreciate any input you have. Here are the current figurative specifications. First of all, this is more of a crate/wood box rather than a coffin, but functions the same. Secondly, it is on rigid casters and rolls on a platform that is 3'4" tall coming out from under a platform and stairs that rise to 7'4". We will have some kind of escape so the actors can get in and out without being visible to the audience. Finally, the interior dimensions are approximately 3' x 6' and will have a hinged lid on top. I guess what I'm getting at is that the more simple the contraption, the better.

For the life of me I can't find it, I might have left it at a previous employers:evil: I did do a search on Amazon to see if I could find it, Didn't find that particular one but several other Halloween Decorating books came up, several with mechanical tricks detailed in them. Perhaps one of those will have what you're looking for. I'm knee deep in an engine rebuild today, perhaps this evening I could sketch a dwrawing < intentional derek> of a concept that came to mind. I like this kind of project.

Sounds great - the coffin/crate will be built soon - I'll look into a few Halloween trick books (this the season thank goodness)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back