• Other

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters

Grog12

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
So...What do you draft with?

You forgot sketchup, and I use Wyg and sketchup togther (nothing can make a DWG 3d faster then sketchup), AutoCAD for tech drawings, an Vectoworks for the occasional random project or to work with most lighting designers.

That's what other is for... :)

I'm using the "Pencil and Field Template" Edition of Free Sketchup right now. When I get my theater this fall, I'll have WYG console edition as part of the Strand Console... also known as the useless one you can't print from. So I'm buying Vectorworks Spotlight, with Lightwright, and Sketchup pro for the shop computer to do all the design work on. Sketchup Pro academic price is only $50! Also planning on getting Stage Research's Lighting Accademic Bundle which includes Soft Plot, a Photometric Program, and two programs to help teach lighting design.

Yeah that's a little more than I need for just designing but there are a variety of educational reasons to get a little bit of everything. Students will have the chance to design with WYG, VW, and Softplot. Which is pretty cool to me. It's also a nice upgrade from Pencil and Template.

So I guess that's a vote for just about everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back