Dress Code?

MHdesign

Hey all-

Any thoughts on Dress Code for USITT? I figure it's pretty casual most of the time, but I wasn't sure if there was necessity for some nicer looking garb.

Looking forward to next week!

-Matt

There isn't really, people are in everything from tshirts to suits depending on who they are. And a few are in things even crazier than t shirts, I'm thinking back to the gel swatch dress made by one of our very own.

Via tapatalk

My inclination is to dress up a bit. Your future employer may be there. Plenty of opportunities to meet higher ups in your field. Might as well dress to impress. At the same time, be comfortable.

I'll be dressed in Jeans and a CB Polo.

I'll be making sure that my clothes are free of paint and sawdust and I am freshly shaven. Might even wear a collared shirt.

You will see swag shirts, but that can be awkward so I don't advise it. You don't want to be the guy wearing a Strand shirt when someone introduces you to Fred Foster. The old crusty TD contingent will be there in blacks (because they don't own anything else?). People who are there for business or trying to impress someone for a job will typically be in a company logo shirt, or a nice jacket and dress shirt. Ties are not common, but you will see them. Women typically are in pants not dresses. I usually go with a reasonably nice but still casual shirt, Jeans, and most importantly comfortable shoes. I also have a couple of funny tech related T-shirts which I have occasionally worn as well: "I'm not the tech you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along."

It really depends on what your purpose is. If you are there to network and meet people for possible employment, you better dress like it.

I think I saw Chewbacca there today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back