Driverack 260

seg

Hi!!

I got a RTA mic for my Drive Rack 260.

I positioned the mic inbetween the speakers about 20' out or so.

When I used auto EQ for the GEQ, the low end was reallly high. I did have the pink noise at performance level.

What do you recommend to avoid this? I know nothing is perfect, but it was far off.

Thanks!

Use your ears....

Years ago I used a peavey CEQ that actually did a pretty decent job doing auto EQ. Does the 260 allow you to do multiple samples? If so, be sure to do as many samples as possible.

I would check what the mic was pointed at. Are you using subs?

My 260 gives different results depending how far away the mic is, and how in-line to the high-end speakers it is. Never had a result as skewed as you are describing, but it is easy to get a heavy bass signal if the mic is listening to a lot of high. I agree with footer - if you don't like the result, it isn't a big deal to change it to your liking.

I always find I have a more desirable starting point for the Auto EQ if I point the mic at just one speaker as opposed to in the middle. In fact, there is even literature from DBX where they suggest this as opposed to what is in the manual.

~Dave

Try it outdoors in an open area, with only one side of the system. IF it works correctly, that will be your default EQ. Then tweak by ear in each room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back