Dual TV Articulating Mounts

josh88

Remarkably Tired.
Fight Leukemia
I understand the physical limitations of why I'm not finding much in the way of products like this, but does anybody have a source for dual tv mounts (either wall or ceiling)? Think of the double monitor arms but for larger screens. We're in the process of buying a whole bunch of video gear for a lot of our upcoming projects, one screen will be a multiview camera monitor, the other will be the display for our mac mini for qlab/switcher software and recording. My side of the booth is double wide so there are times where I will be running sound AND will be the person monitoring the cameras and doing the switching, and there are other times where someone on the other side of the booth will. I'm fine with using individual mounts if I need to, I could fabricate something to adapt an existing mount, but ideally I don't have to and I find something that keeps both screens in relatively the same plane with the ability to angle them as needed.

I know its a long shot but I also know we're also a wealth of seemingly useless information until someone looking for that one specific thing comes along so I thought I'd check here before looking at single mounts.

How big do you want the displays to be?

or

should have options. May be a little more expensive, but much better quality.

The Chief Kontour series isn't bad if you keep the displays smaller. Ergotron has a similar lineup.

If your booth has enough wall space not taken up by windows, I've also used the Chief TS525TU quite a bit for a single-display articulating mount. I don't think there are any good similar options for dual displays on the same mount though.

If you go larger and don't have a lot of wall space available for a tradition mount, you might end up having to frankenstein something out of unistrut and gas struts depending on how you're attaching to the wall and if you're cantilevering off of it. I've gone this route before for wall-mounted displays that needed to go up and down on the wall. Worked out pretty well but the guy who built it spent 3-4 days just messing around with strut configurations and if you wanted to make it so you could pull out from the wall and pivot it would probably end up being more trouble than it's worth.

In terms of display size, my personal preference would be in the 32-40 inch range on the displays if you'll be seated near them. Much bigger than that and you end up having pan/tilt your head a lot to see all of the real estate. Dual 60's is better if you're seated a distance away, but it's lot of visual ground to cover if you're trying to make quick decisions while directing the video. Ideally you want to be able to see everything in your field of vision without having to move your head around a whole lot, but if you're doing a bunch of a cameras then you might need a bigger display size just so each split is still large enough to be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back