Dune Buggy

chawalang

Hi everyone, i have recently been given some parts to assemble a dune buggy of sorts for a production. Where I need some guidance is the electrical flow hook up of these. I will be getting the batteries later but for now need an idea of how all these hook up as far a electrical flow. From the images attached I have the motor, a solenoid, forward and reverse switch to switch the polarity of the dc motor, potentiometer to activate voltage to the motor kinda like a car pedal and a PWM speed regulator to ensure the motor doesn't go over a certain speed. Please let me know your thoughts or if you know of any drawings that may be able to help me. I know this isn't terribly complicated but it is something I am new to.

Attachments

• Motor 1.JPG
    Motor 1.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 192
  • motor 2.JPG
    motor 2.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 206
  • PWM Speed regulator.JPG
    PWM Speed regulator.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 177
  • PWM speed regulator 2.JPG
    PWM speed regulator 2.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 195
  • forward and reverse switch front.JPG
    forward and reverse switch front.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 163
  • Forward and reverse switch back.JPG
    Forward and reverse switch back.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 208
  • Potentiometrr.JPG
    Potentiometrr.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 185
  • Solenoid.JPG
    Solenoid.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 185
I'd with a visit here: http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_AXE.html
looks like they have PDF wiring diagrams. You can also look up the model number and determine if you are wiring up your batteries in series or parallel depending on what voltage your PWM is rated for.

That looks like so much fun.

For help with stuff like that check out your local golf cart supplier especially those that deal with electric carts.

Maybe trade some knowledge or help for some ad space.

A lot of those parts are labeled with what goes to what. Luckily the motor has stuff written on it. Vans link looks good. It was where I first went too before I scrolled down.

Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back