Duracell Procell Variants

LPdan

Hello,
I'm hoping someone can clarify a few things regarding Procell variants. The Duracell website does have some information, but it still wasn't clear to me.
To my knowledge, there are "standard" gray Procells, which I have been using for a long time (these replaced the yellow version). Recently, when ordering Procells from different sources, I sometimes get these "standard" units, and sometimes I receive "Constant Power" variants. I understand there is another variant called "Procell Intense".
My first question is whether the "standard" product is replaced by these 2 variants, or whether there are 3 active versions.
My second question is whether the "Constant Power" or "Intense" versions would be most appropriate for wireless mics.
Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

The Duracell website indicates that Intense Power would be best suited for high-drain devices (things with motors) and Constant Power is best suited for low-power devices (smoke detectors/keyboards). My guess is that if you only have the choice of Constant or Intense you'd want to be using Intense based on the example devices on the website.

That being said, and I know it's repeated often enough, rechargeable AA batteries are awesome and pay for themselves VERY quickly. I'm still trying to explain this to corporate clients who don't trust anything but Alkaline and film clients who demand Lithiums, but if you pair solid labeling of high-quality sets with decent chargers and a solid battery tester you'll have the same level of success.

The Duracell website indicates that Intense Power would be best suited for high-drain devices (things with motors) and Constant Power is best suited for low-power devices (smoke detectors/keyboards). My guess is that if you only have the choice of Constant or Intense you'd want to be using Intense based on the example devices on the website.

That being said, and I know it's repeated often enough, rechargeable AA batteries are awesome and pay for themselves VERY quickly. I'm still trying to explain this to corporate clients who don't trust anything but Alkaline and film clients who demand Lithiums, but if you pair solid labeling of high-quality sets with decent chargers and a solid battery tester you'll have the same level of success.
I have used rechargeables for several years and been very happy with them. Like you, I struggle to convince other clients so I just sell them what they want. But totally agree, for my own productions, rechargeables are the way to go.

I have used rechargeables for several years and been very happy with them. Like you, I struggle to convince other clients so I just sell them what they want. But totally agree, for my own productions, rechargeables are the way to go.
Honestly, unless on sale during the holiday season at the big box stores or bought in bulk wholesale the retail cost of Alkaline is off the charts. If we really want to start a "green' movement... the government would require all devices sold in the US that utilize batteries to provide rechargeables and an adaptor or power pack to charge them. The benefits to environment keeping all that acid out of the waste stream would be the added bonus.

> alkaline batteries

> Keeping all that acid out of the waste stream

I find these conflicting reports most conflicting... :-}
Jay, I find you acidic comment rather base....

I'll show myself out... ;)

I've been using the Panasonic Enloop Pro rechargeable AA batteries for at least 6 years now (the black ones on Amazon). I've never had a problem. When they fail, they refuse to charge. So you just pay attention to the charger and you will know when they are no longer any good. I try to recharge them at 4-5 hours of use, but have gotten over 8 hours of use from newer batteries.

WOOSH!

We used some of the constant version last week for a show and didn't have any issues with them in some ULXD and QLXD units we brought in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back