DWG to Vectoworks Scaling issue

Jadelight

Has anyone ever converted a dwg from a European designer's Autocad file to a Vectorworks file and had issues with scaling? I'm getting measurements like 1700 ft from DS edge to US wall. No matter whether if I use Metric or Imperial I get some strange distance on several of my drawings. HELP!!! I need to move forward on this project!!

I tried importing a US DWG file into Vectorworks, and got very strange dimensions. When I tried a DXF it got closer, but I never got it work quite right. It was the minutia details that were off. I don't know, does Vectorworks import PDF files as a background layer? That was going to be my last option, but I decided to keep it all in AutoCAD because of time constraints.

A quick google search says that more current versions are better at importing. What version are you running?

In 12.5

File
Import
Import DXF/DWG

On the window that pops up choose the file at the top then down at the bottom click use custome options then click the Set Custom Options button on the window that comes up there's a section that says Model Space click on the "This Scale" option. Select the approriate scale (1/2" ect) then Ok Ok the file then should import the way you want it too.

I've had issues with scaling between AC and VW period. But this usually fixes them.

12.5...i'm one of those people that thinks if its not broke don't fix it. I have a student version of 2009 but hate having that plastered across my work. I know how to get around it but see no reason to upgrade just yet.

12.5...i'm one of those people that thinks if its not broke don't fix it. I have a student version of 2009 but hate having that plastered across my work. I know how to get around it but see no reason to upgrade just yet.

If you're a student there is no reason to upgrade.

If you aren't a student you're breaking the Terms of Service and can be taken to court over it.

Also its good for karma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back