eBay can be a scary place...

There has been a guy trying to "sell" a pearl 2004. This posting looks legit, none of the "contact me for payment". Who knows whats inside it, could be a strobe. A new base cap is pretty cheap. These things might go pretty cheap.

Wow does it come with a complimentary call to the fire department?

That shot of the reflector looks like it's had a strobe cannon conversion done to it, but can't be sure.

Buy it quick and be glad I don't do E-Bay. No matter what some idiot in the past put on it for a plug, if at it's starting bid of $9.99, much less it's end bid not much more - even given a $21.00 shipping cost, well worth it no matter again what plug is on it. Granted it's not DMX controlled, it's just a plug and a person selling it who doesn't know but is using terms he or she does not understand. Cut the plug off, say "that's nice, now go away" and put a real plug on it. This after total inspection.

Think it's the web Pearl or other games for getting your money? Look at the floor about the fixture and photos. Someone's house and one in the US - probably 1880's to 1920's in era. Fir my guess though I'm easily wrong in this, note no knots in the floor either. Real thing I think this offering, just enough knowledge about fixtures to be dangerous, not enough to know it's value.

I'll take Van's post as very possible, this could be a strobe lamp with the dark ring about the reflector. This much less explains the plug. New lamp base will no doubt be needed in adding to the cost but after that... you get fixture, if not also learn a bit about how one configures a Leko for a strobe cannon. Certainly something I have never done before thus for say fourty bucks, a world of education before I spend another $15 and or $25 for the proper lamp base and another $25 for the proper lamp. Say around $100.00 for overall end result cost in making the fixture servicable, that's a reasonable price. This given it's a 6x12 - curious how the seller knew this but not much about the light... Still I would say go for it and see if Van and I are correct. This much less study, photo and do a case study here about the details of this strobe Leko. From the reflector view, looks really well done even if dusty.

Last edited:
Wait... Wait... Wait...

Conceptually, I'm not even understanding this. It would take the same power as a scroller/icue, right? What is that, 48 volts, right? And it's possible a strobe, but how do you alter the on/off, there must be some circuitry, right?

This thing is weird, never heard of something like it before, I'm tempted to buy it though, just to see what's under the hood.

I'd take it if it was a 6x9 or 6x12 because I could use the lenses, but I don't need any 6x16's which is what I think this is. Looks like a strobe adaption to me, especially in that reflector shot. If it works I guess it could be good for something.

I'd buy it, just to get a good laugh, but I ain't paying to havethat thing UPS'ed accross the entire USA. One of you Back East Boys, needs to buy this thing then have it Humanely "Put Down".
:mrgreen:

I feel its an Altman 360Q-6x16 (maybe 6x12--bad perspective) that has, in fact, had a strobe conversion kit installed. But the seller does not include the Controller, which has a male Edison for mains power and a female A4F or D4F as output. IIRC only two of the 4 pins are used; it's 4pin-XLR so the humheads won't plug microphones into the controller, or the light into their amplifiers.

Off to Google...2 minutes elapse...okay, I'm back.

Here's a .pdf showing the PROBABLE appropriate controller. Will definitely cost more than the light....Oh hell, the .pdf is 630k, over the legal limit. Okay, here is the link, it's on the last page of the .pdf, page 14.

http://www.diversitronics.com/

Then at the bottom of the webpage is the link to the .pdf.

Happy Shopping! Shame on those of you who were thinking there were dishonest people on ebay, such as the gentleman from Nigeria who tried to see me a "Hog3 Compleat [sic] for $1000 US."

There has been a guy trying to "sell" a pearl 2004.

There has been discussion on the LightNetwork about a scam involving an Avolites Pearl that turned out to be a phishing scheme. Not saying THIS one is THAT one, but q.e.d. or carpe diem, or whatever the Latin phrase is.

Ooof...this poor light...definetly not a 12...more like a 16 or 22...its either the strobe...or some funkyass euro plug...my money is on strobe.

The people at Performance lighting use a pin similar to that. It's a type of Neutrik looking plug and they do that I think to keep other people from stealing their extension cords.

The people at Performance lighting use a pin similar to that. It's a type of Neutrik looking plug and they do that I think to keep other people from stealing their extension cords.

If the next thing I noticed after this post was every rental shop in america with custom plugs or pin configurations... (not a sentence, I know)

Imagine at a load in "Can I get the Ship to SPC adapter?" (ship as in our esteemed member, not as in the the thing that floats, bringing more ADJ and Elation products from over seas to compete in Gaff's bid...)

My father teaches 3rd grade, I am attending a community college.
New volunteers at my community theatre company through an existing instructional program.
Elementary school shop??
That's scary!!

We had shop, starting in 3rd grade, and ending after 6th grade, with elective possibilities extending until graduation...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back