Ebay store with cheap lights

I can't believe someone is still making step lens ellipsoidals new. Look out Steve Terry! :rolleyes:

Anyone look at their lighting consoles yet?

I'd be tempted to buy one or two of there PARs. The thinking being the fixture itself is wide open there isn't really a part of the build that isn't visible to the naked eye so you get to visually inspect every bit of the fixture, and should a problem in craftsmanship arise, the fixture is stupid easy to repair yourself and make into a good fixture. I'm talking about there PAR 64's really cause by their catalog it looks like most of there other PARs are enclosed a little more. This company does interest me, there are other knock off companies out there but they emulate the price as well as the equipment, and these guys don't. As my professor would say "It just doesn't smell right."

I want to get one of their 8" step lens ERS's and see what happens.

We should all pitch in a couple of dollars. and get one. Then we should send it to ship to get a detailed analysis of the fixture.

You know, I'm not really sure what the quality is, but it shouldn't be bad... Just old. But it's wayy better than Chinese knock-off's that's for sure.

I do have to give them props though, that counter-balance yoke (if it works) is kind of a good idea.

Here in a week of two I will probably buy a fresnel and see what happens.

eh, screw it. I gave in. I just bought one of their 3" Fresnels on Ebay for $46.26 including shipping. We'll see what happens! At least this can give us an idea of the quality of their products.

It talks?!? Wow I never noticed because I always have my volume muted. Strange.

It restarts the message before it finishes. so after a while, it becomes a jumbled mess. I don't know about the rest of you but i was unable to find any of the ellipsoids on the web site.

To find the Ellipsoidals, you click on Catalog. In the table of contents, select Spotlights (Fresnel, Ellip, Follow). I believe the Ellipses are on page 9, but they have a few others scattered elsewhere on the site. The list should tell you.

One of my largest pet peeves too, thought it was just because I was a computer guy, good to know it bothers non-CS majors too

If it weren't a fake compy voice I'd be ok with it....maybe.

eh, screw it. I gave in. I just bought one of their 3" Fresnels on Ebay for $46.26 including shipping. We'll see what happens! At least this can give us an idea of the quality of their products.

I can't wait to hear... We need some more Fresnels and PARs...

Wow... you're right, lester, there is not a whole lot of info about them. Small operation - 5-10 employees, sales of $420,000/year average... Oh yeah, and the only other bit of info that I could find was that it was listed as "woman-owned." I don't understand why that's important to know.

Interesting... How did you find this info?

I can't wait to hear... We need some more Fresnels and PARs...

I thought I'd take one for the team. After all I started all this interest in the company, I figured I'd follow through and do some research! Now I just need to figure out where to buy the lamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back