EC-16, 4 Channel Chaser detail

Frank_Mtl

Hi,

I'm searching information on a EC-16 Eliminator lighting Chaser 4 channel controller.
I could not find the operating manual (and no answer from supplier! )
I'm trying to figure out the Din5 Link In and Out connectors.
It's an 2004 design and the connectors are wired to a SN75176 Differential Bus IC. Does not look like Midi usual opto 6N138 coupling!

Anyone knows the protocol used those days?
I would like to upgrade to cable control.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Eliminator lighting ec-16.png
    Eliminator lighting ec-16.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 209
Can you get a better picture of the pin out diagram?

Not to be a Debbie downer but you won’t be able to get outside control for these chasers outside the Remote Control quarter inch cable. The link up/down is just to send the remote control data through each pack. From the picture you do have the remote. So the best solution I could give you would be to get yourself a DMX relay switch and then hardwire the remote switches into the DMX relay giving you whatever control the remote handles.

The protocol could be almost anything. The best bet would be to hook up a digital storage oscilloscope to the differential bus and see what it's doing. Almost certainly it would be asynchronous serial data at some baud rate; if you're lucky, it might look a lot like DMX512, but it could also very easily be some proprietary protocol. I rather doubt there's any public documentation on the details unless by chance someone else has happened to reverse engineer it already for their own purposes and posted the details somewhere.

With a differential line driver/receiver, it's clearly not 0-10V analog signaling.

Yeah, true, I hadn't looked at the part numbers on the 8-pin dips on the board, I'd stupidly assumed "op-amp".

In which case I agree, it's anyone's guess - just as a lot of the lower end LED fixtures which have built in sound to light have a mode where one is "master" and the others are sla not masters, and they just "follow the leader". A great many of those don't use DMX as their protocol, as many have found to their annoyance when selecting non master mode and expecting it to follow channel 1.

Hi Guys,
Well I found some answers myself: It's not DMX, neither Midi.
DIN 5 Pinout is 4-B, 1-A Differential 75176 chip and 2-Gnd.
It's a 112uSec cycle + and - 5V isolated signal. There's a 40 uSec start burst. The 4 On and Off 4 uSec are repeated inverted (see attached scope).
I suppose it's an In-House Eliminator Ligthing protocol. No answer from company!. Hope it could be use by others.
That's all Folks!
EC16_1 and 4 ON.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back