Economical solution to double my body mics?

The trick with chorus mics is to get them AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE and spacing them correctly. There are a few guides to this available... I know I have some saved somewhere, but I found them on CB to begin with anyways. Couldn't find the one for hanging mics but here is the PCC/PZM guide.
The trick is to space them appropriately given their pattern.

Attachments

• 127089.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
Hi

If I am understanding you right you are having issues with actors hading off body mics between each others? If not please forgive me. There are 2 things that I have found that work most of the time. Those are they make the soft cloth shoe racks that woman can hang in there closets. I have hung one of those back stage with the actors name and the name of the actor that they hand there mic of to. Once the one actor is done with that mic he takes it off and places it in the opening that is ment for shoes in the rack and the next actor they are handing it off to picks it up. This I have found works most of the time. The other thing I have done that works but not as well is to give both actors Lave or head seats depending on what you are using and when they hand off there body pack they disconnect ther lav or head set and the next actor connects theres. This however if frought with risk if one of the lavs breaks or the actor does not get the lave plugged in right or something like that. Try the soft shoe rack metod method I think you might like that. It also helps with getting the mics ready at the begging for the actors to pick up once they get there costumes on and makeup on.

Photo Credit Source

By The original uploader was Lekogm at English Wikipedia. - Transferred from en.wikipedia to Commons., CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=37200806

Attachments

• Radio_mics.jpeg
    Radio_mics.jpeg
    448.3 KB · Views: 155
The trick with chorus mics is to get them AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE and spacing them correctly. There are a few guides to this available... I know I have some saved somewhere, but I found them on CB to begin with anyways. Couldn't find the one for hanging mics but here is the PCC/PZM guide.
The trick is to space them appropriately given their pattern.

Thanks! Will look into testing out some PCC mics. Maybe as rentals first and then we will go from there.

Hi

If I am understanding you right you are having issues with actors hading off body mics between each others? If not please forgive me. There are 2 things that I have found that work most of the time. Those are they make the soft cloth shoe racks that woman can hang in there closets. I have hung one of those back stage with the actors name and the name of the actor that they hand there mic of to. Once the one actor is done with that mic he takes it off and places it in the opening that is ment for shoes in the rack and the next actor they are handing it off to picks it up. This I have found works most of the time. The other thing I have done that works but not as well is to give both actors Lave or head seats depending on what you are using and when they hand off there body pack they disconnect ther lav or head set and the next actor connects theres. This however if frought with risk if one of the lavs breaks or the actor does not get the lave plugged in right or something like that. Try the soft shoe rack metod method I think you might like that. It also helps with getting the mics ready at the begging for the actors to pick up once they get there costumes on and makeup on.

Photo Credit Source

By The original uploader was Lekogm at English Wikipedia. - Transferred from en.wikipedia to Commons., CC BY-SA 2.5, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=37200806

GREAT IDEA. And the pockets can be labelled according to actor/scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back