EDI SMART System Panel Problem

Junior SALT

Hello all,

I'm new to this entire world of lighting and I have been looking all over the place to solve a problem I have been struggling with. Problem is, the lighting architecture we use (EDI Smart) is so old that getting help online has been a bother.

The problem is a pretty simple one: one of our ten-button stations does not function; it is acting like it is locked out. It is lit and when I select a preset with another console in the same room, it matches the corresponding light. However, when I try to select another preset on the station but pressing a button, it does not respond. When I test the station from the master console, its LCDs flash accordingly. I have checked the master console for the station's status and it indicates that it is not locked out. I have tried manually locking the station through an override and unlocking via another console in the same room; this results in an updated status in the system but still no dice when I try to actually use the station itself.

I know it's an old system but I thought I'd give it a try here. Thanks!

Got a picture of the panel? Take a picture of another panel to when ya do.

Do you have a good manual? This one should cover you. I'd also look for loose connections on the various stations. Some of the installations I've seen . . .

It looks like Alan Child is out of the EDI repair business. Can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• UM-SMART-RevC-0405.pdf
    214.5 KB · Views: 343
I thought I'd post on this long-dormant thread to update it for anyone who comes across it in the future.

To answer @RickR 's question, Alan Child is still doing the repair business, he just doesn't have the website anymore. He can be reached at [email protected] or by phone at (503) 781-7361.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back