Sound f/x Effects on vocalist

kanolle

I'm a designer for a high school drama club, and my directors often like to use reverb, delay and echo on certain lines for effect. Our board is not equip with any effects, so i need to find something that can give us those. But i need it to be easy to control so the effects could be only on certain words if needed. any ideas would be amazing, thanks.

The most direct method would be to use an outboard effects processor (t.c. electronics M350) fed via an aux. send, then returned to an unused channel. Adjust the sends on the desired channels to feed the fx, and then when needed, raise the fader on the channel where you have returned the fx.

That's about the easiest way to bring in fx only when you need them and be able to do it on the fly.

Do you have a budget? Can you buy used?

The Yamaha SPX990 is standard around here but it's discontinued. The new model (SPX2000) is supposedly superior, but is $1000. I've seen used SPX990s go for $300 or so.

i'm not given any price range for any of this, my directors are still figuring that out. but we just bought 6 intell lights last year so we're probably raise that much again this year.

I am a fan of the TC Electronic M One XL. It's pretty cheap for the versatility it has (Around $400). It is dual band so you can have different effects on two mono channels or a stereo effect. It's also super easy to use, comes with a ton of really good factory presets and space to create another 100 user presets. Every time I have used one I have been very pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back