Elation 5rPro lamp won't stay struck

lightingtek

I have been operating 11 Elation 5rPros in my theatre on an ETC Ion console for the last year. Last night was the opening night of our first show of the school year, and two of them went out during the show. The lamp hours are only at about 847 hours so I don't think its the lamp. Also, when I unplug them and plug them back in, the lamp starts to warm up, and after about 5-10 seconds, it goes out. Anyone experience this before and if so do you know how to fix it?

I have been operating 11 Elation 5rPros in my theatre on an ETC Ion console for the last year. Last night was the opening night of our first show of the school year, and two of them went out during the show. The lamp hours are only at about 847 hours so I don't think its the lamp. Also, when I unplug them and plug them back in, the lamp starts to warm up, and after about 5-10 seconds, it goes out. Anyone experience this before and if so do you know how to fix it?

We've had the same issue with one of our Plat 5R Pros. I posted a Video on youtube (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
) that shows and explains the issue. In the end your going to have to send it out to elation. its best to send it in the original box they came in when you bought your Plat 5R pro. Hope this helps.

I have had a bunch of premature failures with 5r type lamps, all Osram too. Try swapping in a new one. No real explanation, but had a bunch fail around 400 hours. Plenty of cool down time and few strikes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back