Elation Design Spot 250 Omega Bracket

jcslighting

I recently picked up 5 of these Elation fixtures but they did not have the omega brackets required to hang them from a truss/batten. I looked online and no one seems to carry them any more. I was hoping that the size matched another more current fixture that I could grab a bracket for and use it on my DS250s. The width from quick fastener to quick fastener is 7" O.C. Thought maybe they might even match say a Martin or VariLite fixture that I could find parts for. I even thought of fabricating one but would rather not due to liability issues plus I have no idea where to source the quick lock fasteners that they use. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help!

Hanging brackets for lighting instruments tend to be very specific to the fixture; even within manufacturer lines they can vary quite a bit. I would steer away from manufacturing your own unless you've got access to some great tools and an awesome insurance policy -- the liability in case of failure would be all yours.

Is there a rental house in your area that might have some in stock that they don't use (ie, they're always ground-mounting units)? A vendor who might carry some as repair or replacement parts? Occasionally I've seen vendors on used lighting sites and even eBay offer just the brackets, but you'd really want to scrutinize anything you're not able to pick up and touch before buying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back