Hey all,

I know that these fixtures are quite new and I can't find any info on them yet so I thought I would post here and see if the CB hive mind could help.

I have six Elation Fuze Par Pro z120s that are IP rated for outdoor use, as we are an outdoor theater. They are addressed to 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 set to 10chn 16bit. All menu functions in each fixture have been set to be the same from one to the next. Address 60, the second in the line is being a little. Weird.

Its color continually gets off. It wants to be a more saturated variation of whatever color its supposed to be. When we power on into the first look it looks correct, and loses itself within the first color change or so.

Any ideas? is this a manufacturer issue?

Thanks for the help!

...Address 60, the second in the line is being a little. Weird.

Its color continually gets off. It wants to be a more saturated variation of whatever color its supposed to be. When we power on into the first look it looks correct, and loses itself within the first color change or so.

Any ideas? is this a manufacturer issue?
Temporarily, re-address light#1 as 60, and light#2 as 50. Does the problem stay with light#2, or does it move to light#1?

Its color continually gets off. It wants to be a more saturated variation of whatever color its supposed to be.
This sounds like it may be LED droop. Check the fixture for thermal issues: fans not running, air intakes obstructed, and so forth.

/Off-Topic
They are addressed to 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, and 100 ...
Why in all that is holey are they not 51, 61, 71, etc.?

I'm going to say the driver chip is failing that controls a specific part the the led array. I have one currently doing the same thing just haven't had time to take it down and send it out. I'm running IP65 Blizzard Toughpars though.

IMG_2057.JPG

If it's under warranty box it up and send it out. Hopefully you are close to an authorized service house.

Temporarily, re-address light#1 as 60, and light#2 as 50. Does the problem stay with light#2, or does it move to light#1?

This sounds like it may be LED droop. Check the fixture for thermal issues: fans not running, air intakes obstructed, and so forth.

/Off-Topic
Why in all that is holey are they not 51, 61, 71, etc.?

Addressing was not my call on this one. I'm only assisting.

We took it right out of the factory box, checked it, and put it up. Ill go up tonight and try the readdressing, and if that doesnt work we have a spare we can swap. We will try and send it back as it is in warranty and we are in CA, a day or so from a service center.

Thanks for the ideas. I will let you guys know what we diagnose and hopefully we can figure it out for the future.

I'm going to say the driver chip is failing that controls a specific part the the led array. I have one currently doing the same thing just haven't had time to take it down and send it out. I'm running IP65 Blizzard Toughpars though.

View attachment 14969

If it's under warranty box it up and send it out. Hopefully you are close to an authorized service house.
We have a spare to temporarily put up so if nothing else works we can do that. The weird thing is that when we color pick (using and element) the "working" fixtures seem like the white is to intense and the "broken" fixture is closer to the actual color we want. For example; in R80 the broken light is more true to the color than the others. Is this something your also experiencing?

We have a spare to temporarily put up so if nothing else works we can do that. The weird thing is that when we color pick (using and element) the "working" fixtures seem like the white is to intense and the "broken" fixture is closer to the actual color we want. For example; in R80 the broken light is more true to the color than the others. Is this something your also experiencing?

No mine is broken, LEDs are going to be intense that how they are. Anything less and something isn't working as intended.

A similar issue to something a buddy encountered. he's in the market for purchasing 6 of them and has picked one 1 on his own dime, and 1 on the schools budget. When they arrived the LED arrays did not match when colors where selected. He was a using an ION. Some colors (gel selections) where closer then others but some where definitively different between the two fixtures. He contacted both Elation and his Sales company and they are sorting him out by sending 2 additional units to compare to determine if one of his units is an outlier. I wonder if these are different batches of LED, that where used in the same production run of the FUZE?

Hello, I'm a bit late to this post as my organization recently purchased 24 of these fixtures and I have just discovered this issue. what I have been able to boil it down to is ... The fixtures have a bad LED color engine but not a bad dimming engine. With any of the color attributes set to FULL dimming via the intensity channel is as smooth as one would expect from an Elation fixture. With the intensity channel set to full and using any of the color attributes to control dimming 1/2 of my fixtures (12) snap on to about 20% at the first hint of data (0.4%) while the other 12 dim about the same as the intensity channel did. What is important to note here is that all my problem fixtures have a serial number beginning in the 7000000's and all my good fixtures serial numbers are in the 8000000's. I will be contacting Elation through my supplier in the morning as a discrepancy such as this that renders color mixing next to impossible is unacceptable and if anybody else is still having this issue I suggest that you do the same. These fixtures aren't super expensive but they cost enough that they should at the very least work properly and Elation should correct the issue at their expense as it appears that I (and anybody else who purchased in the 7000000 serial range) got a bad batch.

I would pull down a working fixture and a problem fixture and do a 2 side by side test to rule out other possibilities before you take it direct to elation.

I also doubt unless bought brand new that they will cover costs to repair but here’s hoping they do.

Oh yea,

Bought brand new about this time last year. I’ve already had 1 fixture out for warranty service as the blue portion of the engine would ghost at 20% upon start up. DMX / no DMX didn’t matter. The moment it was plugged in blue would come up even while going through it’s start up calibration. I won’t say where as it is against corporate policy but I work at an 800+ seat PAC that also operates 3 smaller venues and owns 2 Stage Lines. We are a big customer that elation and our other suppliers would not want to lose. My boss bought these fixtures thinking that he could save a few bucks and now half of the rig is defective. Too many coincidences to ignore. And yes, I placed all 24 on a meat rack and spent about 4 hours on them today (various settings in fixture as well as console and fixture profiles) I was quite surprised that it wasn’t something I was doing wrong. Also the correlation with the serial #s is just too convenient. My best guess is I got 1/2 “revision A” and 1/2 “revision B” or something like that. Regardless, thought I would share in case others were scratching their heads with a similar issue.

Well maybe you will get lucky with the free repairs.

I would hope that Elation steps up to take care of this; we're not an Elation shop so I have no idea how they'll respond.

From the FWIW Dept: this reminds me of "almost direct from China" (the office is a guy with a cell phone, signing for the freight container at the Port of Long Beach). We bought a batch of LED "PAR" fixtures and were reasonably happy with the 48 units. Then a couple years later various LEDs started to fail. Eventually some fixtures had no red or no green, some only half the white or amber but I think all the blue still worked... It was a crap shoot. We ordered 8 replacements (same SKU) and every base color was different from the original shipment. We ended up buying samples of LED chips and ordered the closest color matches, then replaced EVERY LED in every fixture. The driver electronics seem okay so far so we left that alone. When the drivers fail we'll scrap the fixtures.

I expect this kind of stuff from a direct import. The premium price we pay to Elation or Blizzard or Chauvet, etc, is for quality control and engineer's boots on the ground in China to keep the products consistent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back