Elation keeps rolling out new LED fixtures!

soundlight

I've been checking the Elation webpage about twice a week to check for their new fixtures (the high wattage ones - 1200 or 1400, mentioned in previous elation threads). Today, when I went to the website, I figured that I'd check out their LED section. It has definitely grown! My favorite additions:

ELED Tri 64B (uses the same technoloy as the DTS LED moving heads).
DLED 1081P, with 36 three watt luxeon K2s.
OPTI 16-4 WW/CW Warm or Cool White (3000K or 6000K) mini fixtures.

The DLED 1081P is my favorite of the 3, and there's obviously quite a few more additions as well (strips, mini led fixtures, etc...).

Last edited:
<OPTI 16-4 WW/CW Warm or Cool White (3000K or 6000K) mini fixtures.>

The gel frame holder certainly can be used for barn doors, snoots, and such- but would the user achieve true color transmissions with a gel frame? The Amber range in particular could be lacking due to the incomplete spectrum provided by the LED source.

What do you guys think?

I am waiting for the DLED 36 Brick which is a DLED12 Brick with 3w LEDs instead and the DLED36 Brick-Tri, which is again a DELD12 Brick but with 36 1w Tri-color LEDs. Don't cost that much more then the DLED12 from what I understand, and I always thought the DLED12 Brick was lacking punch.

<OPTI 16-4 WW/CW Warm or Cool White (3000K or 6000K) mini fixtures.>
The gel frame holder certainly can be used for barn doors, snoots, and such- but would the user achieve true color transmissions with a gel frame? The Amber range in particular could be lacking due to the incomplete spectrum provided by the LED source.
What do you guys think?

First off it's got four 1 watt LED's and my new Mini-Mag has one 3 watt LED in it. So the output probably isn't stellar.

That out of the way yeah putting gel in an LED seems insane. It's not designed for the odd spectrum that LED's are currently putting out. In the future when a true white LED is available maybe, but right now it seems like a really bad idea. On the other hand, diffusion could be a really good thing to put in that color frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back