Automated Fixtures Elation Lighting Design Spot 575E Problems

OnTheRock

I need to vent some in regards to some lights I purchased from Elation Lighting. I purchased a couple of Design Spot 575E's from them. One of them appears to be lemon. It appears to be a B Stock demo unit which I've realized over the last bit has many faults. I expected a new unit. Now I'm getting the run around, well, no communications from Elation Lighting on the subject.

I really like the lights, and would get some more, but this episode is souring my take on Elation Lighting.

Is there someone who might be able to help rectify the situation?

Ray

One Unified Blog -> Elation Lighting Design Spot 575E Quality, or Lack Thereof

I think you need to take this up with the dealer you purchased the fixtures through, not Elation.

edit: disregard my previous comment, i am sure ESC is giving you excellent service. I posted before reading everything. oops.

Last edited:
I have Gines (the service manager) email, but he hasn't responded in the last few days. He was able to send out a tilt belt in order to resolve one of my issues, but the light has a number of other outstanding issues.

I'll try Erics's email. I didn't have his email till now. Thank you for that. The dealer has been in contact with Eric previously, but it looks as though nothing has moved forward. All my communications to Elation have been polite and pro-active. I've just not had much back from them.

I have been involving my dealer in the communications, but he hasn't had much luck in pushing a resolution forward either. He happens to be a member of ControlBooth, and will probably encounter this message stream, and I hope he understands what I'm trying to do by getting some sort of fire going.

I think that I did in fact get a used B Stock Demo unit. And being out in Bermuda, and having to deal with shipping and customs in multiple directions on an 86 pound light is expensive and time consuming. If I was in the US, it would be relatively easy replacement. If it had been a new unit, like the other one I have, I would happily be lighting my shows as we speak. But this has caused some frustrating down time. I've been able to do some service myself, but getting the requested replacement parts from Elation hasn't been easy.

I've even gone as far as saying that I like the units so much, that I'd even purchase another light, if only I can get some resolution on the existing problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back