Elation New Fixtures

SerraAva

Elation has just released 4 new moving head fixtures. First, the Design Spot 250 Pro: Features new glass reflector and improved lens coating for increased output and image quality; 8 replaceable fixed dichroic colors; Seperate pan and tilt locking systems; List price $2799.95

Design Spot 300E: 16 channels; 22 degree beam; 10 colors; CMY; 7 rotating gobos; 7 static gobos; Iris; Frost filter; Prism 3-facet; Pan/Tilt locking; MSD300/2 lamp (300W, 8500K, 3000 Hrs); List price $4699.95

Design Wash 300E: 16 channels; 18-28 degree zoom; 8 colors; CMY; 360 degree beam shaper; Frost filter; Pan/Tilt locking; MSD300/2 lamp (300W, 8500K, 3000 Hrs); List price $3999.95

Design Wash 575E: 16 channels; 13-50 degree zoom; 5 colors; CMY; Frost filter; MSR-575/SA2DE (575W, 6500K, 500 hrs); List price $4999.95

They also have a Design Spot and Wash 1400E with a 1200W lamp, but no details on that yet. The Power Spot 575 and 575IE have also been updated and now know as 575-II and 575IE-II respectively as well as the Power Spot 700-II. Not sure what has been updated, but prices are the same.

The 300s seem a little pricey if you ask me for just 50 more watts, pan/tilt locking, CMY in the case of the spot, and a larger zoom in the wash over the 250s. The Design Wash 575E seems to be right where it needs cost wise compared to the Power Wash 575E. I would pay the extra $300 more for the Design over the Power for better quality fixture. Thoughts, comments?

As usual, Elation is rather slow at updating their website. Do you have a link?

No link, sorry. Just got Elation's new catologe for 2008. Have a friend who is a dealer for Elation, so he keeps me updated as to what they are doing, new products, etc. I will try and answer any questions anyone has about these new fixtures. They also have a few new LED fixtures and what not. I will post info on that if anyone wants to know about those.

Last edited:
Cool, I'll be calling elation tomorrow to get one sent...sweetness. Elation's really staying on top of the ball now with Eric Loader onboard.

EDIT: Elation has an Online Catalog Request form here.

We got the dealer 2008 package about a week ago. Let me know if you need any assistance. Yes, Eric has made a difference.

Most of the stuff I've been doing in the last year hasn't needed a specific fixture, just a moving head. Since I can get a DS for $65 and a Entour for $100, I usually go with the DS. If the rental place adds these I'll take a look at them. I don't know what I'd use the new spot for, since it just means more work programming for a fixture that doesn't appear to give me much "new." The 300 wash will probably get used. But if I get calls for the 575 or 1200 sized fixture, I'd still probably go with Martin or HES or VL, since those types of clients will expect "name brands" and not what they perceive to be "dj stuff."

Elation has a press release now on their website about the Design Spot 300 E and the Design Wash 300 E here.

Also found out some more details on the 1400s. They are actually lamping them with 1400w MSR fast fits. They also only work off of 208v. No other details yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back