Elation Platinum Spot 15R Pro Repair

malex

Hi,
I'm having trouble finding a part for my Elation mover and am hoping you all can help. I had a lamp explode in my Platinum Spot and it did a little damage to the inside of the fixture. I've got a new lamp on order, but can't seem to find a replacement for the glass directly in front of the lamp. I'm assuming the two small glass panels that are fixed directly in front of the lamp are heat shielding? they are similar in size and shape as the color dichroic glass, but they don't move. Both little panes shattered, but thankfully the rest of the fixture is unscathed. Elation's parts site and lightparts.com doesn't show any part resembling it for my fixture. I'm guessing these are not hard to come by, as I've seen them on nearly every mover I've opened, but never had to replace one. I've attached a couple images. Each of the two panes measures 19x54 mm.
IMG_20190304_150358779.jpg IMG_20190304_145031603.jpg

This should be the part you're looking for. But give Elation a call. Their service department will be able to point you at the right part in no time.
That's exactly it. So, it is a heat shield for sure...How did you find it? I scoured their parts site over and over and didn't see this listed under the 15R.

Do search for the 15R pro. Select the fixture and start combing through the pages. It was, I think, the last item on the last page. I long for the days of exploded diagrams of all fixtures.
Yeah, I wish. Elation's parts site leaves quite a lot to be desired. Thanks for helping me find it!

Don't get me wrong. That wasn't a gripe about Elation specifically. It is harder and harder to get those documents from most manufacturers. They all are very helpful getting those part numbers if you call them.

Don't get me wrong. That wasn't a gripe about Elation specifically. It is harder and harder to get those documents from most manufacturers. They all are very helpful getting those part numbers if you call them.
That's true, but in so many other industries, its very easy. I can get an exploded diagram of my weed whacker or my drill or my truck pretty easily. Not sure why the lighting industry is so protective of them, knowing how many of their customers intend on doing their own repairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back