Elation Stage Setter question

Sayen

I'm looking to purchase an Elation Stage Setter for a space that needs a simple, physical console, and had a quick question looking for clarification. I've read the manual online, but I still get nervous purchasing something I can't play with physically in advance.

For anyone who might have experience - am I correct in thinking that the bank of buttons can be used to toggle scenes? Do they have to be held down constantly, like a traditional bump button, or do they act as toggles?

And - I can program scenes onto faders using one of the three modes? So one scene of a full wash, maybe one of just three spotlights, etc?

I have no experience with the Stage Setter but I do use the Scene Setter controller. Those buttons are for recording and playing chases. Chases can be a single step, such as lights a, c, and d at 50%. It looks like (based on the description in the manual) the chase buttons are toggle on/off, not momentary contact "bump" buttons. The Stage Setter controller is best for bands and DJs, not for theater or general control (IMHO).

I use the Elation Scene Setter 24 to control the theater lights at our church. Very similar controller with better functionality for theater. More like an old two scene preset with programmable scene masters. You can also program channels 13 - 24 as scene masters and still have individual control of channels 1- 12. They also have a 48 channel version of this model.

Thank you - sounds like the scene setter is more what I'm looking for then. I'd like to give volunteers quick access to simple pre-programmed scenes. Neither manual is especially clear on operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back