Elation's Impression

SerraAva

I got a demo of this unit yesterday. All I can say is wow. The unit is small, much smaller then I thought it was seeing pictures of it on the net. The unit is also very powerful for its size. I ended up pulling out one of my PS 575s out to do a side by side. The Impression, with its 90 K2 Luxeon 1w can keep up with the PS 575 Wash, not the Spot however. It also has roughly the same beam size (10 degree or 25 degree) as a PS 575 Wash (8 degree min, 22 degree Max). It comes with the 25 degree lens, a power con connection for power, a base for floor or truss mounting, full LCD screen, and 3 pin DMX in and out. Here are some pictures:
proxy.php

White PS 575 vs white Impression over a 20' throw.
proxy.php

Blue frosted PS 575
proxy.php

Red
proxy.php

Through the haze
proxy.php

If you get a chance to play with these things, I highly recommend it. They are great fixtures, and if this is the way things are going, this is great. I also found out Elation patented a way to focus gobos with LEDs. American DJ is getting ready to come out with a few of these lights. They have a gobo wheel that can focus and one, 20w LED for light source. The Design Spot 1400 and 1200 are right around the conner too. Looks like I am also going to get a demo M5 fogger and M10 fogger to play with, there new heavy duty foggers. Built like tanks from what I know.

Great things are coming, I am glad to see someone actually pushing for it.

Sweet! Thanks for the update. I ordered my new Elation catalog, but it never came. Looks like Elation is really pushing the market forward in ways that others aren't. Now if only Martin or High End would invest in some of this technology! Make sure to give us updates on new products and reviews of any demos that you get.

I really like the large-diameter beam source - with the 10 degree lenses, it could be a color-changing beam projector-style beam! Sweet!

We had them in on a demo, shot them up against the SGM Palco3. The Elation was far superior. Very nice fixture.

WOW! The $7k price is a little... ahh.. out of my range, but look how far these things have come! An LED competing with a 575w discharge!

I really like the large-diameter beam source - with the 10 degree lenses, it could be a color-changing beam projector-style beam! Sweet!
soundlight
They best way I can describe the thing is like a little light cannon. Reminds me of a narrow S4 Par on a floor base, powerful yet small. You can see in the haze picture that it projects a tight beam that more or less stays the same size. The bright blur is a friend waving his hand through it, can see his outline to the left of the light if you look hard. Wish he hadn't because he waved the haze away, looked more like the PS does, except it was a tall column instead of a beam slowing getting bigger.

Elation just came out with something new for the Impression called the 5/90 aka Flower Power.

Interesting to say the least. A lot of neat effects can be done with it. You can just fire all 5 at the same spot for bigger beam or brighter beam.

Figured I would bump this thread instead of creating a new one.

Elation just came out with something new for the Impression called the 5/90 aka Flower Power.

Interesting to say the least. A lot of neat effects can be done with it. You can just fire all 5 at the same spot for bigger beam or brighter beam.

Figured I would bump this thread instead of creating a new one.

I would love a few of those in a stage set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back