Electrical Disruption

jevans

Hi I'm new to this forum and this is my first thread.
I was wondering if there was any way large amounts of electricity e.g a concert could create a 'field' which could disrupt things like cordless phones etc.
A family member had been noticing an echo and feedback on her phone on the day of a big concert just down the road. The next day after the concert was finished, the problems had gone.

Could this have caused it? Or is it just coincidental? I know in a theatre I worked in fading up and down of lights caused a fading (up and down) buzz in the FOH speakers.

No... the frequencies used for wireless microphones and stuff like that are no where near cellphone frequencies anymore. Also the EMI radiation from a concert would be negligible compared to the radiation we receive every day from Cellphone Towers, FM/AM Radio Antenna's, TV Antenna's and Ground Based Communications. It would be completely coincidental and was most likely a problem with the Cellphone Tower or the Cellphone itself.

The Buzz you hear in the speakers where you worked is called AC Hum and is created by running electrical lines in close proximity to cheap and/or unshielded sound cables and is NOT a normal condition, it is NOT caused by RF Interference.

Ok, so it was something likely to do with the cordless phone (landline) itself or the connection?

Last edited:
Yes, most likely

Devil's Advocate here,
Was the concert covered by a live TV (EX- local TV station)? Depending on age and budget, some of the equipment used by these locals can cause problems down in the wireless phone range.

Not sure all I know there was large amounts of lighting and sound equipment on at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back