Control/Dimming Electro Controls console

Thanks. We have been looking at cleaning and ensuring the spade lug is tight. I wonder why it's only the LINE input that is getting very hot? Any idea's where I could find schematics to the board? Or any other information?

Oh sweet god Electro Controls.....how I don't miss you. EC as a lighting manufacture is basically dead to my knowledge. A few google searches with the exact model of the board might help you out. Be forwarnded the EC name is used for a couple of different things still...an HVAC company and an automation company that may or may not have a relation to the old version.

Couple of things to look for:
Look at how the line in connector is mounted on the pcb, the most rugged method is pop riveted then soldered, could have a dry joint. If it is soldered only, then vibration can cause a dry joint.
Is there an monitor power sockets provided as people tend to think they can plug anything into them and overload them. These are meant to be for the desk monitor only, which is low power requirements.

Any electric circuit should be balanced, that is power into active equals power out of neutral so look for alternate neutral path. You can use a clamp ammeter to measure active current and neutral current if you are qualified/competent/confident etc.

We also have an Electro Controls rack and board. Dimmers work, but the board we don't know about. Can't seem to control any lights once we get them on! Wish the school would dish out the money needed for an overhaul. Any idea where I can find a manual online?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back