Electro-Voice

jbeutt said:
out of curiosity, what are you using them for?

we use the wireless mic for everything.

uhm...ok. Not too specific.

I mean more like what type of productions. Are you a high school. A big one? A small one?

What's your role?

I'm just trying to get a feel for your situation and the applications for this equipment.

jbeutt said:
uhm...ok. Not too specific.

I mean more like what type of productions. Are you a high school. A big one? A small one?

What's your role?

I'm just trying to get a feel for your situation and the applications for this equipment.

It is a handheld, yes we're at a highschool. It is a fairly small school. The type of shows, i'll get to that a little later.

I'm like an unofficial Assistant TD. I am the student techie that has the most experience, I am the one that the TD calls first, if he needs someone else to run a show.

My specialty is sound, but i really like lights as well.

I've ran i variety of shows, from plays to dance groups. there is always the people that have to drop the mic (an accident of course).

mbandgeek said:
there is always the people that have to drop the mic (an accident of course).

I fix that problem by telling the groups using the equipment that if they drop it, it will break, and that they will have to pay the $1000 it costs to buy a new one. Now our Sennheisers didn't cost $1000, but it sure gets the point across. We have never had anyone drop them as a result.

mbandgeek said:
I'm like an unofficial Assistant TD. I am the student techie that has the most experience, I am the one that the TD calls first, if he needs someone else to run a show.

As of Yesterday, I am now the official assistant Technical director, or student technical director. I think assistant technical director sounds better though.

audioslavematt said:
That's what I tell my freshman mic dressers. It always keeps them honest and careful.

but at a high school with limited funds, it would cost a lot to replace an EV wireless mic, and we would probably be thrown a piece of crap Nady System.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back