Electrocution by Mic

Mayhem said:
[Think about it - ever tested a 9V battery by touching the terminals to your tongue? Well that is what shorting it out feels like.

Well yes that is it being short circuited but does it change in the fact that you are now in a much larger body of water than whats on youre tongue thats covering nearly half your body

Drop one in the bath tub!

Seriously - NO, it wouldn't make any difference.

Awesome guys i just wanted to make very sure so that my pastor doesn't freak out. thanks sinorm for the page

If you are thinking what I think you are thinking, it STILL isn't safe to use a wired mic in water. Use a wireless.

This is a good place to remind everyone that it is unsafe to cut the ground on devices that are are introducing hum into a system. Many uneducated sound technicians think that cutting the ground on a piece of equipment that is humming is a magical cure which will reduce or eliminate hum in their system. However, the ground is there for a reason - to prevent you from getting shocked if a wire inside breaks. So, the moral of the story again: NEVER CUT THE GROUND ON ANYTHING!

OK, I'll step off of my soap box now.

Mike – there is no such think as a soap box when it comes to preaching safety. It is something that cannot be overstated.

AVGuyAndy said:
If you are thinking what I think you are thinking, it STILL isn't safe to use a wired mic in water. Use a wireless.

Im not that crazy. I know what the dangers are of it especially now and generally i would prefer to use a wireless even without those dangers due to a wired has the inheirant evil of people tripping over cords

Users who are viewing this thread

Back