Automated Fixtures Elektralite my575 issues?

Galen

The friend of a friend (of a friend of a friend) network has gifted my previously non-moving theater with four Elektralite my575s, on the caveat that we of course have to figure out what‘s wrong with them.

The ones I'm really posting for are the two that power up just fine but have no readout on the display. I know from reading the manual that you can make the display sleep, but none of the supposed reactivation techniques work. Anybody know of a factory reset for the hardware?

Another one is a full dud, won't come on at all

The final one is in tip top shape except it won't pan, so I figure that's a pro fix (05Er - "(PAN-yoke movement error) This message will appear after the reset of MY575 if the yoke’s magnetic-indexing circuit malfunction (sensor failed or magnet missing) or the stepping-motor is defective ( or its driving IC on the main circuit card). The yoke will not be located in the default position after the reset.")

Finally, a side question that may become its own thread: Our theater only has one DMX run which we use to control our conventionals, but we also have a cat5 network all over the house. Is controlling DMX lights over Cat5 on an expression 3 actually as simple as putting little $10 DMX/Cat5 converters on the ins and outs, or am I dreaming?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

The friend of a friend (of a friend of a friend) network has gifted my previously non-moving theater with four Elektralite my575s, on the caveat that we of course have to figure out what‘s wrong with them.

The ones I'm really posting for are the two that power up just fine but have no readout on the display. I know from reading the manual that you can make the display sleep, but none of the supposed reactivation techniques work. Anybody know of a factory reset for the hardware?

Another one is a full dud, won't come on at all

The final one is in tip top shape except it won't pan, so I figure that's a pro fix (05Er - "(PAN-yoke movement error) This message will appear after the reset of MY575 if the yoke’s magnetic-indexing circuit malfunction (sensor failed or magnet missing) or the stepping-motor is defective ( or its driving IC on the main circuit card). The yoke will not be located in the default position after the reset.")

Finally, a side question that may become its own thread: Our theater only has one DMX run which we use to control our conventionals, but we also have a cat5 network all over the house. Is controlling DMX lights over Cat5 on an expression 3 actually as simple as putting little $10 DMX/Cat5 converters on the ins and outs, or am I dreaming?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
On the part about the display, make sure all the connections are fully seated (take them apart and reconnect them) the display may also be dead, although if they were moved around a lot on the road, connections may become unseated. The dud light may have a dead power supply that wouod need to be replaced or a control connection has become unseated. As for the cat5, are you using sACN on this or is this cable being used directly off of a DMX port? If you are using a protocol that is not direct dmx over the cat5, then you would need the corresponding convertor for the connection.

-I am in no way an expert, all information provided may or may not be correct. If there is an issue in my post, please correct me as it would help others in the future when they come back to this thread. Thank you.

You just have to press the displays in the right order. From the directions it looks like Enter (3s) Enter(Mode) Up (Display) , Enter, Up ( CLDI), Enter, Up ( Turns it On) It might not turn on until you hit Exit. This is all based on if the menu is reversible. IF it is not then ;
Enter (3s) Enter, Down 2 (Display) , Enter, Down 2( CLDI), Enter, Down ( Turns it On) Exit to save??

Also possible that it will automatically throw you into mode from the first 3 second push. It is like opening an combo lock for the first time just takes practice. A hard factory reset would be just as blind from the buttons.

The other alt is to get yourself into the DMX part ( blind ) and set your expression to have a channel at full and start scrolling through addresses (blind) til the fixture does something. If you are lucky and everything is working properly you can set it that way.

Manual is posted just in case you looking at something different this where I got my information.

http://myelektralite.com/php/assets/E_10192a.pdf

GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back