elektralite

Les

Has anyone heard of them? My church uses some of the 250w moving heads and they seem to work reliably every Sunday. (Actually we have services throughout the week and several in a day). I had never heard of them before and I haven't personally used or handled these fixtures but I was wondering what everyone else thought.

Whatever you do, don't get any PaintCans. Wow. I have never, ever seen a shakier zoom or worse CMY mixing system. We could easily tell how the flags were moving in to position, the fresnel lens was out of alignment like nothing else, and the zoom was no where near what they had advertised. The noise from the fixture was disgustingly loud, and the fresnel lens was simply attached from ONE POINT ON THE LENS. No three point attachment, no ring around it, not even a rail on either side to guide it. No, they had one clamp on the fresnel lens that was attached to the zoom drive. That had to be worse than anything that I've ever seen in Elation, AMDJ, Chauvet, and even the no-name china brands.

However, I've heard that people have had pretty good success with some of their non-CMY and non-zoom fixtures. But overall, I'd buy AMDJ before I'd buy Elektralite.

Yeah I would agree. For the price of what I think my church has you could get some Mac or Robe. Or Elation. Seeing them up close they did look kind of cheap and dated. But they seem to work decently. I do hear them move every once in a while between songs, but it's not much louder than any other mover. They sound pretty smooth.

I thought that was the name of Elation's LED product division, but I checked their website and everything is sold under the Elation name now.

IMO, Elation is much better than it was in the past. The lights are more durable, do things in comparable ways to everything else, build quality is better, etc. If I were to buy moving lights, I would consider them a lot more seriously than I would have even 2 years ago.

I thought that was the name of Elation's LED product division, but I checked their website and everything is sold under the Elation name now.
That would be Alkalite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back