Elementary Question - Multiple speaker outputs

maccor

Just getting into this whole 'sound' thing....

With a standard type, relatively new, 16 channel Mackie board (about all I know about it):

1. Can I have the wireless mics for dialog come out the main house speakers and have the "rain sound effect" come out an onstage speaker?

2. And can I then have the "grandfather clock strikes 5" sound come out anouther onstage speaker across stage?

I understand the whole "input" thing, but am confused about what limitations there are on different outputs.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Cordonnier
Centerville High School
Centerville, Ohio

Just getting into this whole 'sound' thing....

With a standard type, relatively new, 16 channel Mackie board (about all I know about it):

1. Can I have the wireless mics for dialog come out the main house speakers and have the "rain sound effect" come out an onstage speaker?

2. And can I then have the "grandfather clock strikes 5" sound come out anouther onstage speaker across stage?

I understand the whole "input" thing, but am confused about what limitations there are on different outputs.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Cordonnier
Centerville High School
Centerville, Ohio

The easiest way to get the effect you are looking for is all dependant on the number of AUX channels that your sound board has. You can assign each speaker that you want a specific effect to come out of to a different AUX channel and only use that channel for that specific effect. Just put a speaker where you want the effect to come from and push the sound through that AUX channel that the speaker is put in.
The AUX channels are usually part of the knobs in line with the EQ on the board. They will be labled AUX 1, AUX 2, etc. If you need more info just post and I am sure we can get it for you.

Cheers!!!

Last edited:
Thorin did a great job on keeping it SIMPLE for your thoughts, however the only small part I want to add is... If you would want to have a cd channel of rain coming through your onstage speakers but not your house system you do have the ability or should.. have the ability to be able to unassign the cd channel from the master bus by simply pressing the LR button usually down by the fader or by the pan knob which will effectively take it out of your mains.

If this didn't make any sense to you then don't worry about it. Ya got the rest of life to figure out bigger and better things!!!

Signed, the Generation's cast of MC. D"S
Hamburgurler, Birdie the BIATCH, Fat Barney lookin Grimace, and of course the Silly ass Fry Kids, BUT LETS FORGET THAT FIRECROTCH RONALD!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back