Eliminator Electro 86 DMX issues

I have an Electro 86 LED spotlight I'm experimenting with, and a Velleman VM116 USB-DMX controller, and am using Freestyler to make my scenes. I am having trouble controlling my E-86 with the DMX function. I've tried what was written in the manual, but nothing is working, I don't seem to have any control over the colors or such at all.

I have an Electro 86 LED spotlight I'm experimenting with, ...
Did you mean Electra 86? This may or may not help, but the fixture looks identical to the LEDsplash . Try download the manual for that fixture to see if it offers better information. I suspect the problem lies in the level of the fourth, non-RGB channel, which controls intensity, mode, and behavior of the other channels.

...and a Velleman VM116 USB-DMX controller, and am using Freestyler to make my scenes. I am having trouble controlling my E-86 with the DMX function. I've tried what was written in the manual, but nothing is working, I don't seem to have any control over the colors or such at all.
But the system IS able to control other devices correctly?

Last edited:
Did you mean Electra 86? This may or may not help, but the fixture looks identical to the LEDsplash . Try download the manual for that fixture to see if it offers better information. I suspect the problem lies in the level of the fourth, non-RGB channel, which controls intensity, mode, and behavior of the other channels.

yes I have the manual for the ElectrA(woopsie) 86. it says to flip the dipswitch number 10 in the On position. number 10 also doubles as the blackout switch. and idk if it can control other devices, all I have is the E-86 I've been trying. and what I mean is that both the velleman and the light are connected to my desktop (the E86 via the velleman DMX port). I start Freestyler, and nothing I do in freestyler affects my light in any way. nothing happens.

Freestyler is the software I use. and the Velleman has a little light-indicator that will light up showing the use of the DMX signal. its lit up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back