ENTTEC ODE with GrandMA

Welcome to Controlbooth! Take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

It looks like it might work. The Enttec ODE can accept Art-Net and GrandMA onPC can output Art-net.

Although, most places that have free software available, will want you to buy their product.

Last edited:
Welcome to Controlbooth! Take a moment to introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

It looks like it might work. The Enttec ODE can accept Art-Net and GrandMA onPC can output Art-net.

Although, most places that have free software available, will want you to buy their product.

Yeah I would normally just hire a MA, but this is a small tour will big ideas. The next time around when the tour is bigger it will be GrandMA Dues' time to play

To get DMX out of onPC you must have some sort of MA device. A 2-port node (1 universe out/1 universe in) is the cheapest, next being the 2-port Pro (2 universes), then an NSP. If it was that easy to use onPC, everyone would be doing it.

Yep, I've used an ODE with GrandMA onPC just fine, but as others have said, you need other MA hardware to actually enable the output. If you really want to go with MA, the 2-port node is the most affordable option (>$2000?), and does more than an ODE would (networked, and 2 DMX in/out ports).

My ODE has been pretty reliable. There was once or twice when it wouldn't work right after just turning everything on like usual, but after a reboot it was fine again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back